The Archdiocese of Denver’s Office of Communications is seeking a full-time, benefit eligible, Associate Director of Communications to manage the strategic development and implementation of the Archdiocese of Denver’s social media and web channels, and to assist with media relations.
Social Media Management:
- Develop and manage branding for the Archbishop on the website and social media communications platforms, which aim to bring the faithful closer to their shepherd;
- Oversee the development and growth of the web and social media presence for the Auxiliary Bishop; ArchDen.org; Denver Catholic and Denver Catholic en Español;
- Integrate and cross-pollinate content among the various archdiocesan channels;
- Measure and report results on all programs (performance, insights and analytics); deliver data driven, detailed recommendations for growing our communications tools.
Strategic Planning and Coordination:
- Participate in weekly meetings with the Communications team to identify key messages and events to emphasize in content production; maintain a daily schedule of digital content deadlines and social media posts;
- Establish and stick to a regular production schedule that emphasizes growing our digital products, while pointing readers toward the more established and recently rebranded Denver Catholic print product;
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the Archdiocese of Denver’s overall Web and social media presence by presenting and implementing Web and social media development strategies that are cost-effective and informed by the latest research trends;
- Maintain an ongoing grasp of industry trends in web and digital communications, including website development, social media marketing and mobile communications;
- Maintain database of local, national, Catholic and secular contacts; foster relationships; field inquiries;
- Develop pitches for reporters; establish regular rhythm of story pitches to local and national media;
- Assist with press releases, background information, media kits and other official statements on behalf of the archdiocese.
- Assist the Executive Director of Communications with media and crisis communications plan development and execution as needed.
Any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Require a bachelor’s degree in related field, with advanced degree or training preferred;
- Be a fully initiated Catholic in the communion of the Catholic Church and intentionally living out the five precepts of the Church (CCC 2041-2043);
- A minimum of two years’ experience in the areas of social media, institutional communications, media relations, print, and/or web production preferred;
- Bilingual Spanish-English speaking and writing strongly preferred;
- Demonstrated competence using standard content management systems (e.g. WordPress) and basic Adobe Creative Suite required;
- A valid driver’s license.
Finalists will be screened for Criminal Background, Education and Employment Verification, and Motor Vehicle Records.
The employer requires an application (application form located on archden.org/careers), resume and cover letter, sent via email no later than June 30, 2017 to: email@example.com (Please include “Applicant-Associate Director” in the subject line).
About the Employer
The Archdiocese of Denver proclaims the Gospel of Jesus Christ, celebrates his Sacraments, and exercises his works of mercy, so that all might participate in his salvation and discover the lasting joy of a relationship with him. The Archdiocese of Denver serves the Catholic Community of northern Colorado and its various parishes, missions, apostolates, and schools.