Blessed Sacrament Catholic Church and School is hiring a full-time business manager. This person reports directly to the Pastor and is responsible for the business and financial management of the parish and school. The business manager works in partnership with the Pastor and school Principal in managing the day to day financial activities of the parish and school. As a person of faith, the business manager is committed to gospel values and the responsible management of parish resources.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain all financial records
- Prepare and distribute financial reports for the parish and the diocese as required
- Analyze income, expenses and financial trends
- Investigate budget variances
- Maintain and supervise accurate data and appropriate records for all financial matters
- Maintain Human Resources records for all employees to include but not limited to: new hire paperwork, health insurance, assist with all documentation pertaining to employee agreements, wage adjustments, etc.
- Administer payroll and payroll records and file reports with the appropriate agencies in a timely manner
- Maintain tuition payments through FACTS and monitor and maintain FACTS financial aid data.
- Support the Pastor and Finance Council in drafting the parish and school budget
- Handle bank relations to include management of accounts and problem solving.
- Prepare checks for the Pastor’s signature, attaching appropriate documentation.
- Manage bookkeeping functions, including but not limited to payables and receivables and all other parish-related and school revenues and expenses.
- Maintain a secure environment for office information systems; coordinate with IT professionals as needed
- Serve as a contact for the diocese in all business matters and participate in meetings of other diocesan business managers
- Maintain adequate liability policies and responds in a timely manner to all legal and insurance claims, in keeping with diocesan guidelines and directives
- Administer Online Giving Accounts from Offertory and other donations
- Ensure that all federal, state and local taxes are paid in accordance with federal, state and local regulations
- Prepare and file required federal and state employee tax forms
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or a related field or equivalent experience in the workplace
- Previous payroll experience is a must
- Ability to interact positively and effectively with all parish constituents
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Technological proficiency including experience with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- Should have an understanding of Catholic values and be a practicing Catholic
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
If interested, please send your resume by 12/15/17 in care of:
About the Employer
Blessed Sacrament is a small sized parish in the Archdiocese of Denver with a 450 member preK-8th grade school.