The Archdiocese of Denver is looking for a full-time Data Service Specialist to support the data and reporting needs of the Office of Development. This individual will work with large amounts of data and will focus primarily on data quality and integrity when exporting from and importing into the main database system, Raiser’s Edge/NXT, and other internal databases and related systems. This position will help maintain records in the database and will provide additional support to the campaign, event, development and processing teams. This role provides accurate reporting, recording, rating and tracking of donor’s confidential data, and their activity. This position will also assist with receipt and acknowledgement processes and templates for a variety of ministries, campaigns and initiatives across the Archdiocese of Denver (AOD).
- Support the AOD and ministries with accurate and timely data exports and imports.
- Design and create database reports.
- Provide data analysis to support the AOD and ministries.
- Responsible for supporting teams within the Office of Development with any database needs. This includes supporting the Donor Relations team and Campaigns and Appeals team.
- Provide documentation for complex database processes.
- Implement data integrity checks and balances on data, via queries in Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge
- Collaborate with ministries on donation processing processes and procedures
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Management Information Systems or equivalent combination of education and 5 plus years of experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and demonstrate each competency satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be a self-starter with ability to work independently
- Willing to take ownership of the processes and results
- Demonstrates ability to solve problems and create innovative solutions
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills to work with people at all levels of the organization
- Excellent organization skills and ability to prioritize work for the team
- Experience with the following:
- CRM database, Raiser’s Edge/NXT specifically
- Microsoft Office products – especially Excel and Access
- Web donations services such as Blackbaud Luminate Online, Greater Giving, Qgiv or Blackbaud Merchant Services
- Be a fully initiated Catholic in the communion of the Catholic Church and intentionally living out the five precepts of the Church (CCC 2041-2043);
- Refrain from promotion or approval of, or the living out of, any conduct or lifestyle that would reflect discredit or disgrace on, or cause scandal in relationship to, the Archdiocese of Denver, or considered to be in contradiction with Catholic doctrine or morals;
- Ability to present ideas in a cogent, understandable and compelling manner both orally and in writing;
- The ability to respect confidences when dealing with sensitive issues and data;
- Valid drivers license required.
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- This position will involve periods of administrative work in an office environment.
- Use of sensory activities, such as talking, seeing, and hearing, will be required frequently. Position requires close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- This position requires ability to sit for extended periods, and frequent pushing, pulling, pinching, gripping, reaching over head, reaching away from body, and repetitive motions.
- On occasion work may involve deadlines or extended hours.
- Position requires travel to various locations within the Archdiocese of Denver.
- Position requires ability to frequently lift/move objects of up to 10 pounds in weight, and occasionally lift/move objects of up to 25 pounds in weight.
Finalists will be screened for Criminal Background, Credit History, Education, Employment Verification, and Motor Vehicle Records.
The employer requires an application (application form can be obtained at archden.org/careers), resume and cover letter, sent via email no later than March 15, 2019, to email@example.com (Please include “Applicant-Data Services Manager” in the subject line).
The Archdiocese of Denver proclaims the Gospel of Jesus Christ, celebrates his Sacraments, and exercises his works of mercy, so that all might participate in his salvation and discover the lasting joy of a relationship with him. The Archdiocese of Denver serves the Catholic Community of Northern Colorado and its various parishes, missions, apostolates, and schools.