The Ursuline Sisters of Mount Saint Joseph are currently seeking candidates for the position of Director of Development. The Director of Development is responsible for all fundraising activities, included but not limited to, donor relations, charitable gaming, fundraising events, and planned giving. The Director collaborates with leadership and membership to develop and implement plans for the support of the mission.
MRA 1 – Development/Fundraising.
- Directs all development activities, including planning, organizing, implementing and evaluating all fundraising programs and functions, with particular responsibility for the planned giving program.
- Oversees the establishment of policy, procedure and protocol on all development issues consistent with the established mission and policies of the congregation.
- Keeps abreast of, and complies with, Kentucky Charitable Gaming laws, and all other applicable fundraising laws.
- Oversees the selection, maintenance and effective computer programs for tracking development efforts.
- Designs and prepares progress reports for leadership and membership, and reports quarterly to the Board of Directors.
- Represents the congregation at various meetings, such as the National Catholic Development Conference.
MRA 2 – Donor Relations.
- Plans and oversees all donor recognition activities
- Maintains communications with all current and past donors to continue and promote positive relations.
- Continuously seeks out new avenues for donors and makes direct contact with potential donors through a combination of written communication, telephone communication, and in-person communication.
- Develops strategies for securing at least 10 planned gifts each year.
- Collaborates and communicates with the Communications & Development Specialist to keep all donor acknowledgments, records and reports confidential and current.
MRA 3 – Event Planning.
- Serves as the chair for event committees and leads its core committee and volunteers for each planned event.
- Submits expense and revenue budget for all special events.
- Plans, directs, coordinates and hosts all fundraising events.
MRA 4 – Budget Planning.
- Develops and submits for approval annual revenue and expense budgets, monitors variance, and identifies areas where change of practice is needed.
- Develops and recommends annual goals for the annual fund, major gifts, planned giving, endowments, grants and special events.
- Establishes a Development Advisory Council and meets ad hoc as needed to assist with recommending policies, plans, events, and annual goals for the development plan.
Skills and Competencies Required:
- Project a professional image and provide outstanding customer service to our employees and community.
- Keep commitments, meet deadlines, and maintain high standards.
- Organize and execute around multiple priorities.
- Communicate effectively, verbally and written.
- Speak effectively to large and small groups of people exhibiting excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate successful development skills in both fundraising and planned giving.
- Cooperate and collaborate as a member of a team.
- Identify and internalize the mission of the congregation and a nonprofit setting.
- Demonstrate excellent listening skills.
- Use major industry donor tracking systems, Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint to prepare and maintain records, correspondence, reports, and other data.
- Work days, some evenings and some Saturdays if/when required.
- Attend meetings and training events, which may include occasional travel.
- Exhibit strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Exhibit strong attention to detail skills.
- Exhibit strong facilitation skills.
- Embrace and demonstrate on an ongoing basis the Ursuline Sisters core values and mission.
- Promote positive employee relations and treat all employees, vendors, and visitors with dignity and respect.
Education, Training and/or Experience: A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education in development and fundraising. At least 3 years of work experience with demonstrated success in fundraising and planned giving.
Excellent Benefits Plan: Benefits include health, dental, vision, pension, 403(b), short term disability, long term disability, life insurance, accident insurance, paid time off and holidays.
Facility Information: The Ursuline Sisters of Mount Saint Joseph are a vibrant group of women who minister to the needs of the communities in which they serve, in areas such as education, pastoral ministry, nursing, social justice and a variety of other arenas where they have been called by God. The Ursuline Sisters currently serve in nine states, Washington, D.C., and in Chile, South America.
Our campus is located in Maple Mount, Kentucky, located 12 miles outside of Owensboro, Kentucky. For more information about the organization, go to ursulinesmsj.org. We offer a warm and friendly work environment as well as competitive compensation and benefits.