Start Date: Fall 2018
The Director of Finance and Business Operations is a full-time, year-round position with the overall responsibility of overseeing the business administration of Annunciation Heights and Camp St. Malo. As a critical member of the camps’ operations and leadership team, the Director of Finance and Business Operations will report directly to the CEO/Executive Director.
The Director of Finance and Business Operations will oversee all the day-to-day accounting and financial considerations of the camp including, but not limited to: accounts receivable/payable, inventory, general book keeping, budgets, costs vs. pricing analysis, and the strategic analysis/planning and implementation of the camp’s revenue producing activities. In addition to these fundamental duties, the Director of Finance and Business Operations will also oversee the camp’s other business operations such as, compliance with various governing bodies, as well as any HR and IT related needs. The person will assist the Executive Director with the creation and execution of a camp master site plan and the accompanying development/fund raising strategy.
This position requires whole-hearted endorsement and belief in the camp’s mission and this person should demonstrate both Christ-centered servant leadership and a desire to love people through the ministry of business administration.
Annunciation Heights is looking for someone who will thrive and be motivated by working in a start-up ministry environment. The best candidate will bring professional business experience and practices to serve a start-up Catholic ministry on the front lines of youth and family ministry. The candidate will play a critical role in establishing best-practice & sound business and accounting systems that will help to launch the camp into a successful and financially stable future.
Education: Bachelor Degree or equivalent job experience in Accounting and/or Master’s Degree in related field preferred.
Experience: Minimum 3-5 years in small business and/or non-profit accounting and business operations.
Valid Driver’s License Required
- Be a fully initiated Catholic in the communion of the Catholic Church and intentionally living out the five precepts of the Church (CCC 2041-2043);
- Refrain from promotion or approval of, or the living out of, any conduct or lifestyle that would reflect discredit or disgrace on, or cause scandal n relationship to the Archdiocese of Denver, or considered t be in contradiction with Catholic doctrine or morals;
- Give assistance in any phase of the ongoing operation of the camp when need warrants and when assigned by the Executive Director
~ Must have enthusiasm for and the willingness to service the needs of the camp which change on a day-to-day basis;
- Must have a strong work ethic and ability to stay focused on task until it’s completion;
- Strong organization skills and the ability to work under pressure, manage multiple tasks successfully and meet important deadlines;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality;
- Ability to work independently as well as in close coloration with CEO/Executive Director and other full-time staff;
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and able to quickly learn various marketing and accounting software, and CampWise, the software system of Annunciation Heights.
- Spanish language competency desirable but not required.
Annunciation Heights offers a competitive compensation package that includes a full time, year round salary, medical, dental, vision, Life, retirement plan, along with PTO and paid holidays as well as limited staff housing for families and individuals as members of our staff community. Salary is commensurate with the candidate’s experience and salary history
WHY WORK AT Annunciation Heights?
Annunciation Heights is a new Catholic youth and family camp nestled at the base of Longs Peak in the heart of Colorado’s majestic Rocky Mountains. By living an authentic Catholic culture we seek to glorify God by leading our guests into the depth and mystery of a personal friendship with Jesus and His Church. Under the patronage of Mary, Undoer of Knots, our goal is to awaken and restore the hearts of Catholics to the radiant joy of knowing and living the Catholic Christian life.
Finalists will be screened for Education, Employment, Criminal Background, Credit check and Motor Vehicle Records.
Send Resume, cover letter, and application to: firstname.lastname@example.org