The Director for Marketing will be responsible for connecting the constituents of the Archdiocese of Denver (parishioners, donors, staff, and the public) to the mission of our archbishop and archdiocesan ministries across northern Colorado. This will be accomplished through the effective management of campaigns and mission-oriented initiatives; the development and maintenance of digital platforms and services; timely reporting on the effectiveness of communications tools and any measurables; robust partnerships with pastors, ministries, archdiocesan offices and parish staff; and vendors.
Working directly under the Chief Strategy Officer (CSO) and in close collaboration with leadership and the various directors of the archdiocese, the Director of Marketing is a key member of the MarComm Leadership Team (Vicar General, CSO, Director of Public Relations, Director of Creative Production, Director of Publications, and other project and operations managers).
Aids in creating clarity of the strategic vision and the constant communication and reinforcement of the vision. Helps the archdiocese deliver on campaigns and the supporting platforms through coordination of ideation, web design, coding, and the coaching of others. This position requires a self-starter who can take a project, conceptualize the necessary tactics or steps, apply those tactics to reality, and then apply what has been learned to the next project.
- Marketing: Campaigns, Content & Data.
- Work with the CSO to establish a clear strategy and plan for campaigns and communications initiatives, keeping the long-term health of the archdiocese at the center of each strategy;
- Develop and conduct research into the behaviors of the “Catholics in the Pews” of northern Colorado; in close collaboration with the Director of Database Management & Technology Systems analyze and use data to develop strategic initiatives to bring Catholics closer to Christ; construct and maintain tools and tactics that help the archdiocesan database continue to grow and be better utilized;
- Serve as an expert who helps the entities of the archdiocese and the Office of Communications chose and utilize the most effective tactics in engagement, enrollment, and/or public relations campaigns.
- Provide in a timely manner the necessary data needed by leadership to make strategic decisions;
- Participate in weekly meetings with the MarComm Leadership Team to identify key messages and events to emphasize in content production;
- Provide creative direction and common-sense direction on the look and feel, functionality, and effectiveness of digital and print collateral.
- Relationships & Service
- Develop digital services and channels for the Curia and for parishes that connect ministry leaders with their audience;
- Help create and implement a strategy for reaching out to the 111 pastors and more than 140 locations in northern Colorado to offer them the services and training that help them better their communication with their parishioners;
- Create great working partnerships with the Office of Catholic Schools, the Office of Development, other offices of the archdiocese, and when necessary the apostolates and movements in northern Colorado;
- Helps Vicar General, CSO and others build a culture of community, collaboration, expertise, and care throughout the archdiocese.
- Strategic Leadership
- Serve as the central organizer and principal administrator of archdiocesan marketing initiatives;
- Create an agile, team-driven environment to allow for continual strategic assessment of new technologies;
- Create and implement strategies for developing valuable partnerships with key vendors (Examples: Web developers, Flocknote, etc.);
- Collaborate on the planning, creation and distribution of creative collateral related to the proper marketing of high-level initiatives (websites, print, branding, etc.)
- Coordinate with Office of Communications to employ proper channels of communication for initiatives (websites, social media, newspaper, etc.);
- Assist the CSO to evaluate when it is most prudent items to outsource or developing marketing internally.
- Servant Leader & “Player Coach” (the intangibles)
- Leads by example in the area of “no job being too big or too small”. Willing to take on any appropriate work and coaches others so these tasks are expedited to meet deadlines;
- Through example and training helps other staff members of the Curia develop habits (organization, reliability, professionalism) that build our culture and capabilities.
- Any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Masters’ or Bachelor’s degree in marketing, technology, or relevant communications major. Position requires advanced and demonstrated experience;
Competencies and Qualifications
- Be a fully initiated Catholic in the communion of the Catholic Church and intentionally living out the five precepts of the Church (CCC 2041-2043);
- Refrain from promotion or approval of, or the living out of, any conduct or lifestyle that would reflect discredit or disgrace on, or cause scandal in relationship to, the Archdiocese of Denver, or considered to be in contradiction with Catholic doctrine or morals;
- Five years or more of work experience in a media or media-related field;
- Proven project management skill;
- Requires the ability to keep track of numerous details, to coordinate and meet constant deadlines, and to work well under pressure;
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and be team-oriented, have the ability to delegate and supervise, also work well with diverse personalities and to develop positive relationships with other organizations and internal departments;
- Requires the capacity to draw out the best in the staff and to keep their morale up while working a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and times when other Pastoral Center offices may be closed;
- Must have the appropriate maturity, discretion, bearing, and professional presentation;
- Requires computer proficiency beyond the basic ability to use Microsoft Office and Google Docs products, including experience using or the ability to quickly learn products in the Adobe Creative Cloud, CMS programming such as WordPress.
- Advanced ability to assess computer platforms with respect to usability, cost, and security.
- Requires social media competence, including Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram, and an established social media presence;
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- This position will involve periods of administrative work in an office environment.
- Use of sensory activities, such as talking, seeing, and hearing, will be required frequently. Position requires close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- This position requires the ability to sit for extended periods, and frequent pushing, pulling, pinching, gripping, reaching overhead, reaching away from the body, and repetitive motions.
- On occasion work may involve deadlines or extended hours that can result in brief periods of mental and/or emotional stress.
- Position requires the ability to frequently lift/move objects of up to 10 pounds in weight, and occasionally lift/move objects of up to 25 pounds in weight.
Finalists will be screened for Employment and Criminal Background.
If interested in the position, please send a resume and cover letter no later than 6/30/2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Please include “Applicant” in the subject line.)