The Archdiocese of Denver is seeking a Director of Black Catholic Ministry. The position works closely with the Chancellor of the Curia and other leaders in the Catholic Pastoral Center and the community to develop educational and faith enrichment opportunities. The position is part-time (25 hours a week) and involves nights and weekend activities. The director of the Office of Black Catholic Ministry will also.
Direct all public relations and awareness of African and Black Catholic activities through Quarterly Newsletters, working with the Denver Catholic newspaper, and assisting the Director of Public Relations with media coverage, i.e.
Continue to support and implement the goals and objectives of the Archdiocese of Denver and the Pastoral Plan of the National Black Catholic Congress.
Organize an annual retreat, offer Days of Reflection for the Black Catholic community and run educational workshops on topics such as combating racism and Black Catholic history.
Work to strengthen the Black and African Catholic communities through networking, parish visits and building relationships for the greater African and Black Catholic Communities of the Archdiocese of Denver.
COMPETENCIES AND QUALIFICATIONS;
- Be a fully initiated Catholic in the communion of the Catholic Church and intentionally living out the five precepts of the Church (CCC 2041-2043);
- Refrain from promotion or approval of or the living out of any conduct or lifestyle that would reflect, discredit or disgrace on, or cause scandal in relationship to the Archdiocese of Denver, or considered to be in contradiction with Catholic doctrine or morals;
- Ability to communicate effectively and in a timely manner, both in writing and verbally;
- Must be a self-starter, possess excellent organizational skills and the ability to be flexible and professional in the performance of all their duties;
- This position requires the use of a computer, a familiarity with technology and the willingness to keep up-to-date on emerging technology related to communications;
Finalists will be screened for Employment and Criminal Background. The employer requires an application, resume and cover letter, sent via email no later than 7/14/2019 to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Please include “Applicant” in the subject line)
About the Employer
The Archdiocese of Denver proclaims the Gospel of Jesus Christ, celebrates His Sacraments, and exercises His works of mercy, so that all might participate in His salvation and discover the lasting joy of a relationship with Him. The Archdiocese of Denver serves the Catholic Community of Northern Colorado and its various parishes, missions, apostolates, and schools.