The Art of Catechesis
An eight-part series covering how to teach the Catechism and central catechetical principles and methods. It is a consecutive series, but it is possible to attend any of the dates.
Location: John Paul II Center
Cost per session: $10 Begins with a continental breakfast at 8:30am.
Each session lasts from 9am-12pm.
Session dates and major themes:
- October 21 – The Creed (1st pillar of the Catechism): presenting its core doctrines, how to access them in CCC, and how to teach them
- November 4 – God’s Revelation: how it should guide our teaching
- December 9 – Liturgy and Sacraments (2nd pillar of the Catechism)
- January 6 – The Baptismal Catechumenate: a model for all catechesis
- February 10 – The Moral Life (3rd pillar of the Catechism)
- March 17 – Forming Disciples
- April 14 – Prayer (4th pillar of the Catechism)
- May 12 – Forming Culture and Family Life