The Art of Catechesis
An eight-part series covering how to teach the Catechism and central catechetical principles and methods. It is a consecutive series, but it is possible to attend any of the dates.
Location: John Paul II Center
Cost per session: $10 Begins with a continental breakfast at 8:30am.
Each session lasts from 9am-12pm.
Session dates and major themes:
- October 21 – The Creed (1st pillar of the Catechism): presenting its core doctrines, how to access them in CCC, and how to teach them
- November 4 – God’s Revelation: how it should guide our teaching
- December 9 – Liturgy and Sacraments (2nd pillar of the Catechism)
- January 6 – The Baptismal Catechumenate: a model for all catechesis
- February 10 – The Moral Life (3rd pillar of the Catechism)
- March 10 – Forming Disciples
- April 14 – Prayer (4th pillar of the Catechism)
- May 12 – Forming Culture and Family Life
Register for classes using form below
Catechizing with Joy: A Retreat for Catechists
A one day retreat for catechists based on the joyful mysteries. It will situate the tasks of catechesis within an encounter with God and an ongoing relationship with Him. It will provide some basic practical pointers as well.
When: Saturday, November 18
Where: St. Helena, Ft. Morgan
Time: 9:00am – 3:00pm
Cost: $15 (includes lunch)