The Mount Olivet Cemetery Association; Archdiocese of Denver Mortuary at Mount Olivet, Inc.; St. Simeon Cemetery Association, (collectively, the Entities) is seeking a Groundskeeper. The groundskeeper reports to the Operations Manager to assist in efficiently managing the grounds services for the Cemeteries and Mortuary year-round. The groundskeeper performs all grounds keeping and maintenance matters on the properties. The duties of the groundskeeper must be performed consistent with company mission and values and adherence to company policies and procedures and in doing so uphold the social teachings of the Catholic Church (the Church).
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Water, mow, weed, trim, renovate and fertilize cemetery lawn areas;
- Plant, water and maintain landscaped areas consisting of bushes, trees, flowers, shrubs, and lawns;
- Trim and prune trees and shrubs; stake trees as necessary;
- Operate maintenance equipment and power tools such as mowers, edgers and blowers; maintain hand tools and assigned equipment;
- Snow removal and the removal of ice from the grounds as needed;
- Marker/monument installation; Place markers on gravesite; set markers in cement; log and record incoming markers and settings;
- Work order completion;
- Meeting customer needs;
- Observe safety rules and ensure compliance with the operating procedures of corporate, federal, state and local regulations, including OSHA regulations; Promote and maintain safe and healthy work environment by complying with the provisions of the Cemeteries;
- Valid driver license required.
Finalists will be screened for Criminal Background, Employment Verification and Motor Vehicle Records
The employer requires an application (applications can be obtained online at archden.org/careers) sent via email no later than December 14, 2018 to: email@example.com Please include “Applicant-Full Time Groundskeeper” in the subject line.
Applications may also be submitted in person to the front desk at The Archdiocese of Denver Mortuary, 12801 West 44th Avenue, Wheat Ridge, CO 80033-2460.
About the Employer
Mt. Olivet Cemetery was consecrated in 1892 and is located on the western side of the Denver Metro area in Wheat Ridge, Colorado. It is the largest cemetery in Colorado containing 392 acres. St. Simeon Cemetery was consecrated in 2004 and is located on the eastern side of the Denver Metro area in Aurora, Colorado. The Mortuary is located on the grounds of Mt. Olivet Cemetery and was opened in 1981. These entities serve the Catholic Community of the Denver metro area and its various parishes, missions, and apostolates and other members of the public regardless of their religious affiliation.