COMPANY INFORMATION: The Augustine Institute is a registered 501(c)(3) Not For-Profit Corporation headquartered at 6160 S. Syracuse Way, Suite 310, Greenwood Village, CO 80111 | 303-937-4420
SUPERVISOR: Director of Human Resources | Controller
Mission: The mission of the Augustine Institute is to serve the formation of Catholics for the New Evangelization. Through our graduate school, media, and parish programs, we equip Catholics intellectually, spiritually, and pastorally to renew the Church and transform the world for Christ.
JOB DESCRIPTION: This position will assist with the day-to-day operations of the HR functions and duties and administer payroll. The position requires a high degree of organization, good communication, the ability work autonomously. This full-time position will work out of the Augustine Institute home office in Greenwood Village, Colorado, and includes full benefits, and the availability of daily Mass in our chapel.
JOB DUTIES: Experience in all aspects of human resources and payroll, including on-boarding, record keeping, benefit maintenance, payroll taxes and payroll processing is required.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Employment and Contracts
- Review and post job openings
- Coordinate communication with candidates and schedule interviews
- Assist with New Hire documentation completion and orientation
- Prepare Independent Contractor agreements and related documentation
- Registration of Contractors for invoicing and remuneration
- Preparation for Annual Workers Compensation audit
- Setup for state withholding according to employee’s registered state
- Update of payroll with any changes: addresses, w-4s, voluntary deductions, etc.
- Maintenance of payroll and related taxes and insurance
- Reporting to record keeper (administrator) for company retirement plan
- Payroll processing
Benefits Registration and Administration
- Assist with benefits renewals, changes and related communication and coordination
Employee Engagement and Development
- Assist in evaluating new HR policies, procedures and programs
- Coordinate HR projects (meetings, training, surveys, etc) and take minutes
- Help build the company’s culture
This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list. Additional duties, expectations and responsibilities may be added or changed as needed to meet the organization’s needs.
Technical Skills and Background:
- HR Experience
- Payroll Experience
- Verbal & Written Communication
- Microsoft Tool Suite: Familiarity with Office 365 a plus
- NetSuite Experience: NetSuite (by Oracle) experience is a plus
- Organization Skills: Imperative.
- Mission Driven: Must demonstrate strong commitment to the mission of the Augustine Institute.
- Interpersonal Skills: Self-motivator with a positive attitude who enjoys helping people. Appreciates and leverages individual differences in perspective, style and skills.
- Productivity: Has ability to multi-task and prioritize. Works well under pressure to meet deadlines. Demonstrates initiative is proactive and accountable. Excellent administrative skills.
- Service Orientation: Welcoming, demonstrates a sense of urgency to meet others’ needs, takes ownership/accountability of issues, demonstrates professional demeanor.
- Accuracy: Consistently delivers work of a high standard of quality, precision, and according to standards, procedures, rules, and regulations. Detail oriented.
- Adaptable: Ability to work in a dynamic environment and to adjust to new priorities as needed, and capable of achieving deadlines in all situations.
- Location: Ability to work daily out of the Augustine Institute Greenwood Village office.
- Catholic/Christian: In addition to the other skills, the person most likely to find this position highly satisfying will be an active, faithful Catholic, or devout Christian.
COMPENSATION and BENEFITS:
- Salary range is 35k to 45k based on experience.
- Benefits Include: medical and other insurances, paid time off, and retirement plan participation, the availability of Mass daily onsite, free graduate school participation, and more.
- Relocation: THERE ARE NO RELOCATION REIMUBURSEMENTS FOR THIS POSITION. ONLY APPLICANTS RESIDING WITHIN A REASONABLE COMMUTING DISTANCE TO DENVER, CO, WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION.
COMPANY HISTORY: In 2005, as a response to the call of Pope St. John Paul II, Catholic scholars established in Denver a graduate school dedicated to transforming Catholic education for the New Evangelization. Since then, the Augustine Institute has become the fastest growing Catholic graduate school in the United States and has quickly expanded into a multi-faceted institute providing strategic, disciple-based parish programming and leadership formation to dioceses and parishes across America.
In July 2015, the Augustine Institute and its partners launched FORMED, our digital, state-of-the-art, online platform (often referred to as a “Catholic Netflix”), which makes available the best Catholic content from a host of leading Catholic apostolates.