If your parish does not have a marriage preparation class in place, there are various programs available to you within the Archdiocese, all of which focus on the theology of Catholic marriage as well as important life skills. Through your parish you will receive help in identifying a marriage preparation program that best fits your needs. These programs are available on weekdays, weekends, and, if needed, online. Find the format that works best for your engagement.
Note: Completing one of these courses (or a different program available through your parish) fulfills the marriage preparation step #4 of enrolling in a marriage preparation program. Review our “Preparation for Holy Matrimony” brochure for more information.
God’s Plan for Marriage Prep Program
These seminars explore God’s divine plan for marriage and also focus on how couples can build a strong foundation for their marriage. These classes meet on Thursday evenings from 7:00 PM – 9:30 PM at St. Catherine of Siena parish.
- Location: St. Catherine of Siena Catholic Church, Denver
- Day/Time: Thursday evenings from 7:00 PM – 9:30 PM 2018
- Session Dates:
- May 3, 10, 17, 24 2018
- June 7, 14, 21, 28 2018
- September 6, 13, 20, 27 2018
- October 4, 11, 18, 25
- Registration: Call 720-212-8303 or email email@example.com Cost: $180 (This includes study materials)
- To Pay: Send check/money order to Colin Coleman. In the memo, put “marriage seminar” and the month that you have selected. You will be sent a confirmation of registration by email.
- Please send registration/payment to:
Deacon Colin Coleman 4201 Eliot St. Denver, CO 80211
Catholic Marriage Prep. Com – Live Classes
This program is taught by married couples, based on JPII’s Theology of the Body, and the teachings of the Catholic Church. This class has four evening sessions.
- Location: St. John Paul II Center – Denver (1300 S. Steele St, Denver, CO, 80210)
- Time: 6:30-9:00pm 2018
- Session Dates:
- 2018 May 8, 15, 22, 29 (Tues)
- 2018 June 6, 13, 20, 27 (Wed)
- 2018 September 4, 11, 18, 25 (Tues)
- 2018 October 3, 10, 17, 24 (Wed)
- Cost: $185
- More information: 719-531-0738
- To register for the live program: www.catholicmarriageprep.com
Weekend Retreats/Intensive Courses
Engaged Couples Retreat
This retreat is held Friday evening and all-day Saturday. It is based on St. John Paul II’s “Theology of the Body.” It is led by Msgr. Leone and infused with his unique insight into married couples’ dynamic relationships. There are also presentations by married couples and ample time to discuss the Sacrament of Marriage with each other and other engaged couples. There is an opportunity for both Reconciliation and Mass.
- Location: Holy Family Catholic Church, Denver
- Date: 2018 April 27, 28 (FULL)
- Cost: $180 per couple (includes 4 meals and materials)
- More information: 303-929-2275 or engagedcouplesretreat.com
Light of the World Marriage-Builder Weekend
This weekend is an engaging mix of practical, spiritual, and theological presentations based on St. John Paul II’s Theology of the Body and the teachings of the Catholic Church. This course will be led by a team of married couples and a priest. Presentations are followed by group breakout sessions or time together as a couple. These activities are intended to apply what you have learned from the presentations to your own lives.
- Location: Light of the World Catholic Church, Littleton
- 1) 2018 May 18, 19, 20 (FULL)
- 2) 2019 Jan 25, 26, 27
- 3) 2019 May 17, 18, 19
- 4) 2019 Aug 9, 10, 11
- Call: 303-973-3969 x244 (Sherwood Owens)
- More Information: Marriage Builder Brochure
- Cost: $150 per couple (includes materials and meals)
St. Mary Parish Marriage Prep Retreat
This weekend retreat helps couples grown in understanding of God’s plan for happiness in marriage. Married mentor couples will witness to how God works in their marriages to help them work through hardship and find a greater joy in marriage. We will also look at how living authentic sexuality fulfills the deepest desire of our hearts. We will attend Mass together and have an opportunity for Confession.
- Location: St. Mary Catholic Church, Littleton
- Dates/Times: These retreats occur twice a year (in the spring and fall).
- More information and registration: www.stmarylittleton.org/marriageprepretreat
- Cost: $180 (per couple – includes 5 meals and all materials)
St. Thomas More Marriage Prep Retreat
This weekend experience will allow couples preparing for marriage to fully understand the Sacrament of Matrimony in the Catholic Church. Couples will enjoy engaging presentations on topics related to God’s plan for marriage and receive fundamental tools for building and sustaining a Christ-centered marriage. The retreat weekend is hosted by married couples and clergy from the parish. Couples will participate in small group discussion, prayer, Confession and fun activities. The weekend concludes with a private Mass and receiving a special blessing for all retreat participants.
All couples must submit a letter of permission from their church of preparation to attend the retreat weekend. Please include letter of permission with registration form and payment.
- Location: St. Thomas More Catholic Church, Centennial
- 2018 April 20, 21 (FULL)
- 2018 August 17, 18 (Registration closes for the August retreat on August 1, 2018. NO EXCEPTIONS.)
- 2019 February 1, 2 (Registration closes for the February retreat on January 23, 2019. NO EXCEPTIONS.)
- Friday: 6pm-10pm
- Saturday: 8am-7pm
- Cost: $150 per couple (includes meals and all retreat materials)
- For more information and registration: Contact Jodi Lieske at 303-221-9234 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Catholic Marriage Prep. Com – Online Program
With pastor approval, this program is available to couples who need the flexibility of an online program. It is based on St. John Paul II’s Theology of the Body, and the teachings of the Catholic Church.