Frassati Catholic Academy, a Catholic Classical School serving students in preschool through middle school in Thornton, Colorado, is seeking teacher applicants for the 2018-2019 school year!
As staff members of Frassati Catholic Academy, following the example of our patron Blessed Pier Giorgio Frassati, we believe that a life lived in Christ’s Spirit, the Spirit of the Beatitudes, is ‘blessed,’ and that only the person who becomes a ‘man or woman of the Beatitudes’ can succeed in communicating love and peace to others.
As a school that employs the Classical model of education, FCA forms students to become joyful witnesses to Christ who learn, think, and persuade—skills that are urgently needed to navigate our complex modern world. Teachers within the Classical model use proven methods perfected over centuries to form students to be critical thinkers, ethical problem solvers, and socially responsible citizens, giving students the foundations they need to be successful in any area.
- Be a practicing Catholic in good standing with the Catholic Church;
- Be willing to attend professional development in the Classical educational model;
- Be open to growth and have enthusiasm for learning;
- Be willing to be a member of a collaborative team of teachers in a Professional Learning
- Teach and support the educational goals and objectives of Frassati Catholic Academy, the Archdiocese of Denver Office of Catholic Schools, and the mission of the Catholic Church;
Teacher candidates should:
- Have or be willing/able to obtain a valid Colorado Teaching License with appropriate endorsements or have or be willing/able to complete the requirements set for early childhood educators;
- Have completed or be willing to complete Safe Environment Training and submit to a background check;
- Have strong organization skills, understand the behavior, emotional, and cognitive needs of elementary school students;
- Have content-area knowledge appropriate to the educational subject and/or grade level of students;
- Have knowledge of instructional practices and pedagogy;
- Have effective classroom management skills.
Submit resume and cover letter by 8/15/18 to: Catherine.email@example.com attention Sara Alkayali, Principal.