The Office of Catholic Schools is the clearinghouse for qualified persons applying for elementary and secondary teaching positions. This office neither conducts interviews nor determines employment as this is the responsibility of the principal at the local-level school.
To complete the teacher application process, please file the following items with the Office of Catholic Schools:
- Completed Teacher Application (PDF- click here)
- A valid Colorado Teacher License (if available)
- Official transcript(s)
- Three (3) current letters of recommendation
- Out of State applications must also include information regarding availability for interviews and estimated date of arrival for residence in Denver.
- $5.oo application fee
- Full or Part-time Teachers: are required to attend a Safe Environment Training Session upon employment. If hired, you would attend the “New Teacher Orientation and Safe Environment Training” sessions conducted in August for all new teachers.
Once your complete application is on file with the Office of Catholic Schools, you may contact the schools to let them know you are available for hire and that your teacher application is on file with the Office of Catholic Schools.
- Upon receipt of a completed application packet, you will be added to the AoDCS teacher database. The database is available to all principals.
- You will not be added to the teacher database until all application packet materials/items are received.
- The Teacher applicant files are reviewed by principal at the Office of Catholic schools as part of the screening process.
- The principals schedule interviews with potential candidates for open positions at their school.
- We DO NOT post teacher openings on the Office of Catholic Schools website. You may see postings on the Archdiocese of Denver Careers website that individual schools have posted with Human Resources.
- The Archdiocese of Denver Catholic Schools work with the Office of Catholic Schools to fill their open positions from candidates on the teacher database.
All applicants must possess a current Colorado Teacher Certificate or qualify for Colorado Certification.
Applications will be kept on file at the Office of Catholic Schools for two (2) years. Address all application information and inquires to:
Archdiocese of Denver Office of Catholic Schools
Attention: Teacher Personnel
1300 South Steele Street
Denver, CO 80210
In employment practices, the Archdiocese of Denver Catholic Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, unfavorable military discharge, marital status, mental or physical disability when these are unrelated to the ability to preform duties of the position. This policy is interpreted consistently with the religious mission and teaching of the Catholic Church.