The Archdiocese of Denver Management Corporation is seeking a Senior Staff Accountant to be responsible for all phases related to the accurate and timely accounting and reporting for multiple Archdiocesan organizations.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Prepare monthly bank and account reconciliations. Research and resolve any reconciling items on a monthly basis;
- Prepare and enter general ledger journal entries for management approval. Ensure that all journal entries have substantive supporting documentation. Coordinate accounting entries with other organizations and accounting system sub-ledgers;
- Ensure all journal entries, adjustments and accruals are prepared, approved and entered on a monthly basis;
- Serve as a department resource on technical accounting issues, GAAP and related updates;
- Anticipate and troubleshoot issues or problems in the general ledgers for the assigned organizations and communicate the information in a timely manner to management;
- Conduct quarterly and annual inventory, prepare appropriate inventory adjustments for management approval;
- Maintain the sub-ledger for fixed assets;
- Prepare applicable sales reconciliation and related sales tax preparation;
- Document accounting and business processes; maintain supporting documentation to general ledger transactions;
- Cross-train within the accounting department’s various responsibilities;
- Generate general ledger and financial reports from the accounting system.;
- Assist the Assistant Controller in the preparation of audit schedules applicable to the organization(s).
- Accounting degree / CPA preferred, and /or Big Four experience;
- Four to six years’ experience in a staff accounting position;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite / experience with Intacct Accounting Software ideal;
- Excellent organizational and communication skills;
- Provide objectivity and respect confidences when dealing with sensitive issues;
- Have a positive and supportive attitude toward the Catholic Church, her teachings, and her work;
- Refrain from public promotion or approval of any conduct or lifestyle that would reflect discredit or disgrace on, or cause scandal in relationship to, the Archdiocese of Denver, or considered to be in contradiction with Catholic doctrine or morals.
40+ hours, exempt; full-time with benefits
Finalists will be screened for Criminal Background, Credit History, Education and Employment Verification
The employer requires an application (application form can be obtained at archden.org/careers), resume, and cover letter, sent via email no later than 10/31/17 to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Please include “Applicant-Staff Accountant” in the subject line)
About the Employer
The Archdiocese of Denver proclaims the Gospel of Jesus Christ, celebrates his Sacraments, and exercises his works of mercy, so that all might participate in his salvation and discover the lasting joy of a relationship with him. The Archdiocese of Denver serves the Catholic Community of northern Colorado and its various parishes, missions, apostolates, and schools.