“In all things I have shown you that by working hard in this way we must help the weak and remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he himself said, ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.” (Acts 20:35)
OPPORTUNITIES TO GIVE
The Archbishop’s Catholic Appeal supports over 40 ministries. You can also give to one of our ministries directly and partner with the archdiocese to invest in putting our Lord’s gospel into action. You can help your brothers and sisters in faith through the following fundraising campaigns:
Annual Seminaries’ Appeal
Responding to our Lord’s command to go and make disciples of all nations, Saint John Vianney Theological Seminary and Redemptoris Mater Missionary Seminary educate and form men to serve as our future priests. Once ordained, these priests will sow God’s love, mercy, and compassion in parishes throughout the Archdiocese of Denver.
- The average annual cost to educate one seminarian is $60,000.
- Currently, 110 seminarians are on path to become priests.
- Upon ordination, each priest will serve the faithful for nearly 50 years.
Retired & Infirm Priest Appeal
Whether celebrating Masses, baptizing family members, or offering spiritual guidance, our priests have given so much to enrich our faith lives. In gratitude for their spiritual and pastoral labors, the faithful of the archdiocese are called to help them when they need it most. Your gift today provides:
- Medical fees not covered by insurance
- Rent subsidies and Prophet Elijah House
- Assisted living and memory care
- Transportation or car repairs
- Hearing aids and vision care
Catholic Biblical School Scholarship Appeal
The Catholic Biblical or Catechetical Schools is a four-year journey through the Bible and/or the Catechism to yield a closer communion with our Lord.
Many potential students express a genuine interest in nourishing their faith lives but they’ve also shared that financial obligations have prevented them from enrolling. A contribution to our annual Christmas campaign for the Saint John Paul II Scholarship Fund will allow more students to reap the spiritual benefits that you enjoy.
- The Lay Division awarded more than $195,000 in tuition assistance to over 1,200 students.
The Archdiocese of Denver provides elementary and secondary Catholic education at more than 36 schools to form intentional disciples of Christ. Over 900 teachers and staff are bringing Catholic education, incorporate prayer and Christian values in the classroom.
Many students living in low-income areas receive financial support from the archdiocese so they can continue growing in their Catholic faith. Our teachers help prepare these young Catholics to become saints and leaders in our communities.
- 99.1 percent of Catholic high school students graduate compared to 85 percent public high school students
- 85 percent of Catholic high school students go on to college
- 1:15 teacher/student ratio – smaller class sizes allows students to succeed
Seeds of Hope Annual Appeal
Working with like-minded individuals and organizations, Seeds of Hope strives to make the lifelong benefits of a Catholic education available to over 900 economically-disadvantaged students per year.
- Seeds of Hope was established in 1996 to provide need-based tuition assistance to low-income families.
- Seeds of Hope supports students in grades K-8 at Catholic schools within the Archdiocese of Denver.
- The average median household income of scholarship families is $31,400. Every family must pay a portion of their tuition.
Centro San Juan Diego Annual Appeal
Centro San Juan Diego is nationally recognized as one of the premier organizations that integrates Hispanic immigrants into American society and forms future Church leaders. When you help fund this ministry you directly enable Catholic immigrants to achieve their dreams.
- Centro assists more than 5,000 individuals annually.
- More than 60% of parishes in the Archdiocese of Denver celebrate Mass in Spanish.
Archbishop’s Catholic Appeal
This annual appeal is our major campaign and typically starts after Easter each year through February of the following year. It is an overarching way to give to parishes, schools, seminarians, Catholic Charities outreach and other social ministries within northern Colorado.
Support Your Parish
Donate to your parish today and help support the needs in your community.
The Archdiocese of Denver provides support through generous grant funding for vital ministries. Click below to learn more about the grant-fund opportunities.
Planned Giving. The Catholic Foundation financial consultants can walk you through the benefits of estate-planning or setting up a will.
The Archdiocese of Denver proclaims the Gospel of Jesus Christ, celebrates His sacraments and exercises His works of mercy so that all might participate in His salvation and discover the lasting joy of a relationship with Him.