The Office of Catholic Schools in the Archdiocese of Denver is a designated agency by the Colorado Department of Education (CDE) eligible to provide an Alternative Teacher Licensing Program for teachers employed in Catholic schools.
To participate in this program:
1) A candidate must apply for a teaching position posted on the Careers page of the Archdiocese of Denver.
2) The candidate must be hired as a full-time teacher in the Archdiocese of Denver Catholic Schools system.
3) The candidate must apply to the Colorado Department of Education (CDE) for an Alternative License. More information about the application and program may be found at https://www.cde.state.co.us/cdeprof/checklist-alt_teacher.
4) The candidate will be assigned a trained mentor and will participate in the Alternative Teacher Licensing Program through the Office of Catholic Schools in partnership with Regis University. Candidates attend the four-day Alternative Licensure Bootcamp in August, a series of full- and half-day classes during the academic year (usually one per month on a Saturday), and have a series of visits and observations by a Regis University Education Department staff member.
5) The cost of the Alternative Teacher Licensing Program for approved candidates is a minimum of $1,800 and may be paid in installments to Regis University.
6) Approved, newly hired alternative licensure teachers must attend the Archdiocese of Denver Catholic Schools New Teacher Induction/Orientation held in August for the upcoming school year.
Candidates may be hired by a Catholic school in the Archdiocese of Denver prior to taking the PLACE or PRAXIS test, and/or prior to receiving the Statement of Eligibility. Candidates must apply to the Colorado Department of Education to participate in the Alternative Teacher Licensing Program.
Alternative Licensure Program:
ALP Bootcamp = August 5-8, 2019
New Teacher Orientation and Induction = August 9, 2019
Regis University (DTC Campus)
6380 South Fiddlers Green Circle, Ste. 200, Greenwood Village, CO 80111
Sessions begin promptly at 8:00 a.m. and should wrap up by 4:00 p.m.